The Mongolian Chicken Instant Pot recipe is a quick and easy dinner that you can make in the pressure cooker. Mongolian chicken is sweet, savory and so good. This Mongolian Chicken Instant Pot is made with teriyaki sauce, corn starch, minced garlic, brown sugar, olive oil, and water. It’s super flavorful and delicious.
What is Mongolian Chicken?
Mongolian Chicken (or Mair Kuz) is a classic dish that originated from Mongolia but has now become popular throughout Asia because of its incredible taste.
It’s often served in stir-fries and with noodles, but this recipe will teach you how to make it as an Instant Pot or electric pressure cooker dish.
Why You Should Try Making Mongolian Chicken?
It’s no secret that Mongolian Chicken is one of Asia’s most popular dishes because its incredible taste will have you coming back again and again! Plus, there are only seven ingredients that make this meal even easier to prepare within some minutes.
- 02 chicken breasts tossed
- ¼ cup corn starch
- ¾ cup teriyaki sauce
- ¾ cup water
- ¾ brown sugar
- 02 tablespoons minced garlic
- 02 tablespoon olive oil
- Add all ingredients (chicken breasts, con starch, teriyaki sauce, brown sugar, minced garlic, olive oil & water) into the instant pot.
- Once everything is in, go & give it a good mix.
- Put the lid on the instant pot and make sure that it is on the ceiling and not painting.
- Now, use the manual button and set it to 05 minutes cook time with a 10 minutes slow release.
- Carefully remove the lid and stir & turn off the Instant Pot.
- Once you have prepared the cornstarch slurry by whisking together 2 tbsp of cold water with 1/4 cup of corn starch, add it to your sauce and stir until combined.
- Set your Instant Pot on saute mode for about 3 minutes or so before turning off the pot and allowing it a few more minutes to thicken up as well.
Can you overcook chicken in Instant Pot?
Yes, Instant Pot recommends cooking frozen chicken breast between 12-18 minutes. “12 minutes and 0 seconds” are the ranges that yield a fully cooked breast while also preserving our most healthy-looking protein to boot.
Can you cook chicken and rice in an Instant Pot at the same time?
Yes, it’s possible. Just add the chicken and rice at separate times, put both in the pot with water or broth covering them up to the line that says “Max.” The timer instructions can be programmed for minutes/hours separately.
You will need a vented Instant Pot lid so steam can escape during cooking but still keep an even pressure inside of the pot (the turntable on new 2018 models are apparently designed to handle soups).
It is not recommended you attach any other lids – like most other cookware – because sealing off any pressure loss risk may cause your food to burn or overcook.
Alternatively, instead of using a manual time preset function on the Instant Pot with two ingredients, use modes
Can you leave an Instant Pot unattended?
You should never leave your Instant Pot unattended. Since the Instant Pot will most likely be set on high pressure, operating it without supervision can result in dangerous levels of pressure and may also cause a fire or an explosion.
It is important to closely monitor all cooking times and temperatures when using this device as leaving it unattended poses a serious safety hazard.