Everyone has heard about the beneficial qualities of beef liver. But few people know how to properly prepare a product in order to preserve all trace elements. Today, I am going to write about how much to stew beef liver? and what things & tools are needed while stewing beef liver properly.
Beef liver is one of the foods that can be processed delicious but also nutritious dishes. In fact, scientists have proven that beef tendons contain many vitamins and collagen that are beneficial for the health of women.
This does not require special tools. There are no special secrets either. You need to follow simple rules.
What is contained in the beef liver?
The beef liver contains proteins, acids in large quantities, fats and carbohydrates, vitamins of group A, B, C, and E, niacin. It is called health rich in iron, which is necessary to support the body’s hematopoietic function. Such dishes are introduced into the diet of people suffering from various forms of anemia.
How long does it take to cook the liver?
To get a healthy dish, you need to use fresh offal. Give preference to a chilled product. After freezing, half of the substances that a person needs are lost.
Important to know
The fresh liver has a smooth and shiny surface. It should be soft. The color depends on the age of the animal. It can range from bright red to cherry red. After pressing, a trace should not remain on the site.
Do not expose the product to prolonged heat treatment. Thinking about how much to stew beef liver, remember that vitamins and minerals cannot withstand high temperatures.
How to stew beef liver?
A fresh liver takes very little time to cook. The easiest way looks like this.
- Cut a pound of product into 1 centimeter thick plates.
- Heat a tablespoon of olive oil in a skillet. Salt it.
- Bread the pieces of liver in croutons and place them in the skillet.
- Cook for 1.5 minutes on one side and the same amount on the other.
- Turn off the heat and let the dish sit for 3 minutes under the lid.
You can serve it with sour cream and fresh herbs. It will be tasty, nutritious, and healthy. The liver will not become stiff after prolonged frying. It will be soft and aromatic.
Beef Liver Recipes
If you want to surprise your family or guests, you will need other ingredients. Delicious dishes are obtained in which the liver is combined with cherries, oranges, or tangerines. Here are step by step quick recipes.
Beef liver with oranges recipe
- Peel and cut about 300 grams of fresh beef liver into small cubes.
- Cook them in milk for 3 minutes. Let cool slightly. Drain the milk.
- Peel the orange slices from the films and cut them into cubes.
- Combine the liver and orange cubes. Fry for 3 minutes in butter.
- When the dish is ready, season with salt.
Beef liver cherry recipe
- Wash the liver (600-700 grams), remove the hymen and cut into cubes.
- Chop two small onions. Fry the onion in vegetable oil.
- Add half a teaspoon of ginger. Add liver. Fry for 2 minutes.
- Pour in 150 ml of red wine and add a glass of frozen cherries.
- Cover and simmer over low heat until tender.
The beef liver can not only be fried or stewed. Delicious and tender pates are made from it. During the cooking process, the liver is cut and infused in milk. Vegetables and spices are added for flavor.
After a few hours, the milk is drained, and the remaining ingredients are placed in the pan. They are fried for 2 minutes. After adding sour cream, the dish is stewed for 5-7 minutes.
Bypassing the cooled mass through a meat grinder, you will get an excellent breakfast plate.