How to Cook Fish-Flavored Shredded Pork
Fish-flavored shredded pork (Yu Xiang Rou si) is a Chinese dish, the main ingredients are pork leg, tender bamboo shoots, the ingredients are eggs, the seasoning is salt, bean paste, pepper, etc.
I like fish-flavored shredded pork, just a few simple combinations, but there are meat and vegetables, and the taste of fish can be tasted without the fish, and the color and fragrance are excellent. It is very good for dinner. It is a home-cooked dish worthy of our life.
- Pork loin (300 g)
- Green pepper (50 g)
- Peeled winter bamboo shoots (100 g)
- Carrot (80 g)
- Water hair fungus (50 g)
- 1 egg white
- A little garlic
- A little cornstarch
- A moderate amount of cooking wine
- Amount of vinegar
- Chopped pepper to taste
- The right amount of water starch
- A little ginger
- Light soy sauce
- A pinch of salt
- Amount of sugar
1. First cut the pork tenderloin into shreds, prepare the shredded pork, put 1 tablespoon of salt, pour in the egg white, drizzle in the cooking wine, sprinkle in pepper, and stir well. Pour the inappropriate amount of water starch, mix well, pour in edible oil, and marinate for 10 minutes.
2. Shred the peeled winter bamboo shoots, shred carrots, shred water-fat fungus, shred green peppers, cut ginger and rice.
3. Then prepare a bowl, add 2 tablespoons of vinegar, 1 tablespoon of cooking wine, 2 tablespoons of light soy sauce, half a tablespoon of salt, 3 tablespoons of sugar, drizzle a small amount of dark soy sauce, the appropriate amount of water, add 1 tablespoon of semi-raw powder, and mix well.
4. Pour an appropriate amount of water into the pot, pour the shredded bamboo shoots, cook for 5 minutes, cook, and remove.
5. Set up a frying pan, pour the pork tenderloin, stir-fry, and pour it into a colander.
6. In a separate oil pan, pour shredded winter bamboo shoots, shredded wood ears, shredded carrots, and fry until soft, add green peppers, fry them, and pour them into a colander.
7. Put oil in the pot again, add ginger rice and garlic rice, and saute. Add a little chopped chili and bean paste and stir well, pour the ingredients in the colander, and stir fry for a while. Finally, pour in the tuned sauce, stir-fry well, and then ready to serve.
Also Check: Korean Spicy Cabbage (Kimchi) Recipe
Tips to Remember
- When the shredded pork is marinated, add a spoonful of salad oil and mix well, which can effectively retain the moisture of the shredded pork, and it is easier to spread when the oil is slippery.
- As for the amount of sugar, vinegar, and salt, just put it to your own taste. The amount of soup (water and starch in the bowl) can also be adjusted by yourself.
- Winter bamboo shoots can be bought in fresh-keeping packaging, as long as the white calcification material in the center of the bamboo shoots is washed, no need to blanch. If you don’t have it, it’s not bad that you can use it as a substitute.
- Add some dry starch and foam when the dry fungus is soaked, which can help clear the dirt on the fungus.
Also Check: Fish-flavored Shredded Pork Recipe
- It is advisable to soak in warm water before cooking, and not eat the parts that are still tightly packed after soaking. Fresh fungus contains toxins and cannot be eaten. Black fungus has an anticoagulant effect, and it is not suitable for people with bleeding disorders. Pregnant women should not eat more.
- Try to use pickled peppers or chopped peppers as much as possible for this dish. It is best not to use Pixian bean paste. This will make the taste of the dish very heavy, with sauce but not fishy.
- When frying shredded pork, it’s best to choose a non-stick pan. If it’s an ordinary frying pan, you can cool the pan with cold oil, put the shredded pork in, wait for the meat to fry, change one by one, and turn on the fire again.
Check also: How to make nut milk at home?
- It’s easy to stick the meat when it’s hot (I’m in this case, please ignore if you’re not). The fish-flavored shredded pork with chopped pepper will taste better. If not, use minced garlic instead. If you like spicy, you can put pepper.
Pork should not eat too much, especially fat. Eating too much can help heat, accumulate body fat, make the body obese, or increase blood lipids, leading to atherosclerosis, coronary heart disease, high blood pressure, etc. Therefore, obesity, hyperlipidemia, coronary heart disease, high blood pressure should be used with caution or forbidden.
There is no fish in the fish-flavored pork, why We call it Yu-flavored pork?
This starts with the origin of this dish. According to the legend, a long time ago, there was a Sichuan businessman’s family, and this family was especially good at eating fish, so he is very particular about the materials used for making fish.
Every time you make fish, you must add ginger, green onions, garlic, wine, vinegar, soy sauce, and other seasonings to remove the fishy seasoning. One day, the hostess had leftover sauce after cooking the fish, but she did not want to waste it, so she fries the shredded pork with the leftover sauce.
Check also: How to Remove Lamb Smell?
However, the hostess felt that the taste might not be good, and was afraid that her husband would blame it when he came back to eat. While hesitating, the host pushed in.
Perhaps it was because the male host was too hungry that day, he even grabbed the shredded pork that was fried with the leftover sauce with his hands after entering the house and stuffed it directly into his mouth. As a result, the host praised the dish and asked his wife how to do it.
What kind of cuisine does fish-flavored shredded pork belong to?
It is a traditional Sichuan dish, which can be divided into Chongqing and Chengdu practices. Chongqing practice is shredded pork with green onion festival, and Chengdu practice is shredded pork with fungus. But the flavor is all lychee (a kind of Sichuan cuisine).