If you’re like me, you love Chinese egg drop soup. You eat it all the time and sometimes wonder if can you freeze Chinese egg drop soup? Well, I did some research and found out it is easy to freeze Chinese egg drop soup.
Chinese egg drop soup is a popular dish that consists of broth, eggs, green onions, and other vegetables. It’s usually served with rice or noodles.
But what if you don’t have time to cook it? Is there any way to save this recipe for later? The answer is YES! You can freeze your Chinese egg drop soup when you’re done cooking it so it doesn’t go bad before you get the chance to eat it again.
This blog post will help teach you how to properly freeze your Chinese Egg Drop Soup in order to enjoy them whenever the mood strikes.
What is Chinese egg drop soup?
Chinese egg drop soup is a type of broth-based soup that typically includes eggs, chicken or pork, and chopped vegetables. This dish has long been popular in China, Japan, and the United States due to its versatility.
How to freeze Chinese egg drop soup?
The easiest way to freeze your Chinese egg drop soup would be in plastic containers that are suitable for freezing. Try to avoid using plastic bags and jars because they do not work as well for this dish, or you may want to use the Tupperware freezer containers that can be found in most grocery stores these days.
How to thaw Chinese egg drop soup?
For a quicker way of serving your soup at a later date, place it in a pot and let it thaw in the refrigerator. If you are looking for a slower way to serve your soup, allow it to completely defrost on the counter before reheating thoroughly.
Is Chinese egg drop soup healthy?
Chinese egg drop soup is a well-known winter warming dish that can be served with a variety of toppings that include wontons, strips of meat, bean curd sheets, and more. It’s very nutritious in terms of vitamins and minerals like riboflavin, vitamin A and pantothenic acid.
It’s low in saturated fat (the bulk coming from the eggs) but it has cholesterol from the eggs too. If you’re looking to lose weight then this might not be the dish for you.
Chinese egg drop soup appeals to people who are underweight or thin due to its nourishing properties, so it would be an appropriate dish for someone trying their best to put on weight.
Chinese Egg Drop Soup Recipe
– Chinese egg
– salt and pepper to taste
– green onion, a couple of tablespoons worth
– Chinese mushrooms
– soy sauce or Maggi seasoning.
– Chinese soup stock, about two cups
– a little bit of sesame oil for the flavoring and taste.
– spring onions or scallions (optional) to top it off!
- Place Chinese egg in a small bowl and whisk it with salt, pepper, green onion, Chinese mushrooms (either dried or fresh), soy sauce/Maggi seasoning until well combined then set aside in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- Place Chinese soup stock into a medium-sized pot over high heat and wait until it comes to a boil.
- Add Chinese Egg mixture into the boiling liquid, stirring continuously for about one minute or so; add in sesame oil at this point if desired then take off from heat immediately.
- Top with spring onions/scallions and serve warm.
– If you are using dried Chinese mushrooms, soak them in warm water for about 20 minutes or until they are soft.
– Chinese egg drop soup recipe is best enjoyed on a cold day; now that the weather’s getting colder it might be time to make this.
– Chinese egg drop soup recipe can also be made into Chinese fried rice by using some of the cooked Chinese egg drop soup as the liquid.
– Chinese egg drop soup recipe can also be made with chicken broth instead of Chinese soup stock. If you do this then I would recommend adding a teaspoon or two (depending on your taste preference) of salt before serving.
Check also: Asian Zing Sauce
What is the main ingredient in Chinese egg drop soup?
The main ingredients are broth, eggs, chives, mushrooms, and seasonings.
How long does it take to cook Chinese egg drop soup?
It really depends on how strong you want your flavor to be because you can have large chunks of vegetables or noodles or none at all, but the really basic recipe just takes about 20 minutes to get done.
The eggs for soup aren’t hard-boiled. They’re left in a thin white broth that’s been enriched with soy sauce and vinegar. It’s spicy, sour, and a bit sweet from cinnamon or star anise. The only thing on the menu is soup.
What is Chinese egg drop soup commonly served with?
It’s usually served with rice, egg noodles, or wonton noodles.
Is Chinese egg drop soup vegetarian-friendly?
Yes, it is, you don’t have to add any meat if you don’t want to! There are many options for vegetarians and vegans.
Check also: Can Cheese be Frozen?
Chinese egg drop soup is a delicious dish that you can easily freeze for later. It’s easy to make and freezes well, so it’s perfect if you want to cook up a batch on the weekend or prepare some meals in advance.