Chinese Yellow Braised Chicken Rice
For a time, the Chinese yellow braised chicken rice became very popular, no matter which city you can see the fast-food restaurant with the sign of “Yellow Braised Chicken Rice”. The reason for the fire is that the “Yellow Braised Chicken Rice” has a lot of meat, a lot of vegetables, and a lot of juiciness and the price is affordable.
A serving of yellow braised chicken rice is actually braised chicken with tender meat and thick white rice. The combination of rice, vegetables, and meat is more like a “regular meal” than ordinary noodles, steamed buns, dumplings, and box lunches.
- 2 chicken legs
- 10 shiitake mushrooms
- 2 green peppers
- 2 carrots
- 1 potato
- Amount of oil
- Amount of salt
- 1 tablespoon of soy sauce
- A little white sugar
- 2 tablespoons of rice wine
- 1 pinch of pepper
- 5 slices of ginger
- 1 green onion
- 1 garlic
- The selection of materials is fine, and it must be fresh and tender chicken thighs.
- The feeding is accurate, and the main ingredients used must be strictly weighed.
- The body of the pot is exquisite, it must be a casserole instead of metal utensils.
- Pay attention to a firework, and the time for one product should not be too long to ensure that the meat is fresh and tender.
- The rice is sifted before use, and there is absolutely no debris. If the rice is half-grained, all the grains such as jade will be removed. When eating, add a pickle, or tiger dish, or pickled chili for better taste. Pour it into the rice and eat it together, which shows the perfect state of scented lips and teeth.
Check also: How to make nut milk at home?
Why is it called Yellow Braised Chicken?
There is also a historical allusion. According to legend, the raw material for making yellow stew chicken is the chicken named by Zhu Yuanzhang. This chicken has the characteristics of yellow feathers, a yellow mouth, and yellow feet. Therefore, it is named “Three Yellow Chicken”.
Check also: How to Remove Lamb Smell?
How can boiled chicken be cooked yellow?
The skin of the three yellow chicken is originally yellow, but pay attention to remove the chicken when the chicken is out of the pan, and coat the surface with vegetable oil to make it look good and crisp.
Check also: Korean Spicy Cabbage (Kimchi) Recipe
Why the chicken is yellow when cooked?
Normal chicken should be white or light yellow when cooked.
Therefore, beef, lamb, and pork are usually called red meat, while fish and poultry are called white meat.
If the cooked chicken is pink, that indicates that the blood was not drained when slaughtered, the chicken blood was accumulated in the capillaries and muscles, or the dead chicken could not be bleeding anymore.